Radio Show for July 2020: Sky Betting Hardware Fraud, SoftwareOne Acquires B-lay, Gartner MQ and more
In the ITAM Review radio show for July 2020 the team discuss all the latest ITAM industry news and the implications of asset depreciation.
We discuss the business case for Hardware Asset Management based on the Sky Bet fraud, Cornwall Councils £2M of unused Oracle software spend in an £4M contract, SoftwareOne acquiring B-lay and other consolidation in the industry, The Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Tools 2020, Slack flinging mud at Microsoft over Teams bundling, Garmin Ransomware attack and job of the week is Director of IT Asset Management at Ahold Delhaize.
- The business case for Hardware Asset Management based on the Sky Betting fraud
- Cornwall Councils £2M of unused spend in an £4M contract
- SoftwareOne acquiring B-lay
- The Gartner Magic Quadrant for SAM Tools 2020
- Slack flinging mud at Microsoft over Teams bundling
- Garmin Ransomware attack
- Director of IT Asset Management at Ahold Delhaize
- Join the Radio Show listeners Whats App Group using this link (Note: The link changes periodically to prevent spam, check out our newest podcasts for the latest link)
The ITAM Review Monthly Radio Show for July 2020 starring:
The opinions expressed on the Radio show are those of individuals and not their employers.
Podcast back catalogue: https://marketplace.itassetmanagement.net/podcast/
This month’s Radio show podcast from The ITAM Review. We record the podcast on the fourth Friday of the month in the UK. If you have any ideas for news, discussion topics or to join as a guest please email us at email@example.com.
You can either listen to the podcast directly on your device using your preferred podcast player or directly via the web via soundcloud. Search ITAM Review Podcast on your podcast player or use the links below. If you need any help listening in please contact us.
View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes.
- Tags: 1_RadioShow · b-lay · Garmin Ransomware · Gartner Magic Quadrant · Sky Betting · Slack vs Microsoft · SoftwareOne
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.