Practical ITAM (PITAM) – Live and Interactive, starting 28th September
PITAM Live and Interactive
Starting 28th September 2020, we’re introducing a brand-new way to learn the Practical ITAM course and achieve PITAM Certification.
From September 2020 to January 2021 we will be delivering the course with new and updated content via live online sessions. This gives you the opportunity to learn alongside your fellow ITAM professionals as well as ask questions as we go.
Over the course of interactive sessions, I’ll take you through the whole PITAM course and get you ready to be certified. The course includes four main training sessions plus an orientation and exam preparation session.
Practical ITAM Live and Interactive is free to LISA subscribers.
- We start on 28th September
- Learn alongside a global cohort of like-minded professionals
- Live interviews with current practitioners
- Exercises to test your learning
- Free to LISA subscribers
What is PITAM?
“The Practical ITAM course is designed to help get started in ITAM, get your arms around the topic, and start making a difference. It’s a practical course designed for those wanting to build or improve their practice. It’s a mixture of Governance, People, Process and Technology.”
Curriculum (New and Updated Content for 2020)
- Module 1: AUTHORITY – Secure and maintain senior management support for IT Asset Management (ITAM)
- Module 2: PLAN – How to build an ITAM business plan
- Module 3: IMPROVE – Maintaining momentum for your ITAM practice through continual service improvement
- Module 4: TEAM – How to build and grow a world class ITAM team
- Module 5: STAKEHOLDERS – How to leverage stakeholder relationships and remove blockers
- Module 6: COMMUNICATION – Building a communication plan for your ITAM practice
- Module 7: INPUT – Managing new assets (Request, Acquire, Provision)
- Module 8: OPERATE – Managing deployed assets (Transition, Replace, Maintain)
- Module 9: OUTPUT – Managing asset stock (Reclaim, Decommission, Retire, Dispose)
- Module 10: ACCURACY – Inventory, Discovery, Consumption – Building trust, reputation and budget with ITAM accuracy.
- Module 11: OPTIMISE – Ownership and Entitlement – How to sweat and fully optimise assets
- Module 12: TOOLS – Selecting the right tools to achieve your ITAM goals
The course includes four main training sessions plus an orientation and exam preparation session. All sessions will be delivered via Zoom.
Please register your interest in this course using the following form:
If you have any questions about the course please leave a comment below, use our contact form or connect via LinkedIn.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.