In this video Danny talks about:
- Why you should look entitlement first when considering inventory
- The 80/20 rule and license metrics
- Not one inventory tool does everything
- Working with security and other IT teams with inventory
- The process for dealing with exceptions and educating users about SAM
Good IT inventory begins with entitlement
Join us on the third module: “How to maintain trustworthy inventory data” here:
View all other modules here:
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.