In this Podcast I am joined by Tomás O’Leary, Founder & CEO of Origina – Gold Sponsors of our UK & US 2017 Conferences, to discuss recent ongoings in the Software Market including some cases of large software companies battling with the courts.
- Lexmark Print Cartridge Refill – Kicked out by Supreme Court ruling
- Digital Millennial Copyright Act
- Software industry – Wild West, Zero Rules
- Secondary Market
- ‘If I buy something I expect it to be mine’
- Where is IBM heading?
- 100 year business plans – building businesses that can shrink as quick as they grow
- Ongoing spat with Oracle
- Third party market
- Russia, Trump and Nationalism in software choices
- IBM audit anticipation
- Airbnb market cap versus Hilton
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.