About this event
Come and spend a day learning about what’s new in the world of IBM licensing at our new IBM Licensing Training Course.
IBM licensing is complex and dynamic. With many changes happening regularly and with regulatory compliance tools such as IBM License Metric Tool, it’s good to keep up to date. If you are involved with IBM software, it’s worth diving deep to understand that you are getting the most from your IBM software spend as well as ensuring you’ve mitigated risks of non-compliance.
We’ll cover off how to build proactive reporting to mitigate compliance risks and optimise spending. We will also work through what to expect in an audit including tips and tricks throughout the process.
Topics will include:
- Understanding IBM contract types and terms
- How to use Passport Advantage (PPA) to your advantage
- Understanding IBM’s License Information Documents (LIDs) for use rights
- Processor Value units (PVU) and other metrics
- IBM License Metric Tool (ILMT)
- IBM proactive discovery and regular reporting (PVU and other metrics)
- IBM Audits
- Recent changes in IBM licensing – Flex metrics, tokens
- How does the HCL divestment affect you?
- How does the RedHat acquisition benefit you?
- IBM Cloud and Cloud Paks
Full Price: $999.00 per delegate
Early Bird Rate: $799.00 per delegate (valid until 1 October 2019)
Microsoft Licensing & Wisdom Australia Bundle Ticket: $1,199 per delegate
You can view our full events terms & conditions here.
Who should attend
- A SAM manager
- Are involved with software Procurement or Category management
- Represent your organisation during software audits
|08.30 – 09.00||Registration|
|09.00 – 11.00||Contracts, license metrics, Passport Advantage|
|11.00 – 11.15||Refreshment Break|
|11.15 – 12.30||ILMT and proactive reporting|
|12.30 – 13.30||Lunch|
|13.30 – 15.00||Audit preparation and IBM cloud|
|15.00 – 15.15||Refreshment Break|
|15.15 – 16.30||Recent changes in IBM and their impacts|
Miriam Redding, Director, Navigate Clear
Miriam Redding has worked in the ICT industry for more than 15 years in the US and Australia/New Zealand. She is the founder of Navigate Clear, an independent software advisory firm. She also co-founded an EdTech startup, One on Epsilon. Prior to founding Navigate Clear, Miriam was responsible for developing the licensing practice at a large IBM software partner in A/NZ, using auditing and other best practice tools to assist clients in maximising benefit from their software investment. Miriam has always had an interest in software licensing issues and her experience has led her to work specifically with IBM licensing, developing an awareness of the complex licensing models of many IBM products. She knows how best to deploy, monitor, and manage IBM assets. Working closely with IBM for more than 15 years, Miriam has a clear understanding of how IBM operates and how to work with IBM to ensure the best outcome for her clients.
Why you should attend
- Gain a better understanding and visibility of your IBM estate
- Ensure compliance and understand your rights as a customer
- Learn how to build proactive reporting for your organisation, especially for complicated models and metrics
- Optimise IBM software spend
- Know what to expect for your next IBM audit
Eden Bayview Hotel
6 Queens Road
Melbourne VIC 3004
Please organise your own accommodation if required.