Software vendor audits are some of the biggest challenges faced by multiple groups within the enterprise – starting with the internal IT organization to legal department to the C-suite.
These audits divert as well as exhaust internal resources due to the complexity, discovery process and often the nuances in software licensing agreements (SLAs).
Industry experts will discuss:
- What to do when you get an audit letter from a software vendor
- What’s different about Oracle’s audits?
- Key issues surrounding Adobe audits
- How to prevent and prepare for a software audit
- Ten common compliance issues every company faces
- Peter Beruk, Senior Director, Compliance Marketing, Business Software Alliance
- Paul DeGroot, Analyst, Directions on Microsoft
- Phara E. McLachlan, CEO, Animus Solutions, Inc.
- Scott D. Rosenberg, CEO, Miro Consulting, Inc.
- Martin Thompson, Editor, The ITAM Review
- July 28th, 2010
- 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EDT (10:00 AM – 11:00 AM PDT, 18:00 – 19:00 British Summer Time)
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.