Video: Lifetime achievement award winner David Bicket
The video below was played for David Bicket for his lifetime achievement award at our excellence awards back in November.
Congratulations again to David Bicket for his lifetime achievement award.
“The ITIL V3 SAM Book and original ISO/IEC 19770 Standard for SAM – Fundamental resources and building blocks of SAM industry we have today. David Bicket was the driving force behind both of these initiatives and many more. The ITAM Review has great pleasure in recognizing David for lasting contributions to the field of IT Asset Management”
“He took a draft standard that was destined for academic irrelevance and turned it into something people use all across the world everyday” ~ Roger Cummings
See all the winners here: ITAM Review 2017 Excellence Awards Winners.
This video was kindly put together by the volunteers below.
In order of appearance:
- Steve Klos SME at 1E, Executive Director at TagVault,Convener & Editor for the development of the ISO/IEC 19770-2 Standard
- Heather Young, Corporate Software Asset Manager at Google, former Global Director – Software Asset Management Programs at Microsoft
- Peter Beruk, Senior Advisor at SIE Consulting Group, Secretary ISO/IEC JTC1 SC7 WG21, former Senior Director of Compliance Marketing Programs at the BSA, former Director of Worldwide Anti-Piracy/License Compliance at McAfee, former VP Anti-Piracy Programs at SIIA.
- John Tomeney, Convener and co-Editor, ISO/IEC 19770-3 Software Entitlements Tag standard, former VP Sassafras Software
- Roger Cummings, Principal at Antesignanus Inc, former convenor, ISO/IEC IT Asset Management WG21, former Technical Director at Symantec.
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.