Change Makers Series – Desiree Weiss, Excellence Award winning SAP Consultant
ITAM Review Podcast: Change Makers Series
In this latest episode, we speak with Desiree Weiss who won the “Specialist or Consultant of the Year Award” at the 2020 ITAM Excellence Awards.
Desiree is a consultant licensing specialist with a particular focus on – and interest in – the publisher SAP.
Helpful, courteous, resourceful and tenacious are just some of the words Desiree’s clients use to describe her passion for all things SAP. She has worked in IT Procurement (“I like to discuss things and negotiate.”) and in service excellence and service management, learning more about IT service management (ITSM).
And where does this passion come from?
“The conversations with SAP to achieve the best for the customer…I think that is my passion, my real passion.”
In this 12-minute podcast, we speak with Desiree about:
- Where her passion for SAP comes from
- How she gains trust with her clients
- Interesting projects she’s worked on
- How ITAM has shifted from a reactive activity to a proactive one
We also asked Desiree what SAP customers can do to ready themselves for an audit…how can they prepare? She suggests that customers:
- Request the entitlement list as this is the base for every audit
- Check and compare what is in the contract versus the entitlement list
- Run, at least once and at minimum, six months in advance, a test measurement. This provides enough time to see and understand the situation.
- Is there a peak? If so, did this happen or why is this continuing to happen? Is there a particular project happening that is causing this? Talk to the owner of application(s) responsible.
- Lastly, look into the transactions to see what users are really doing, and this can be done manually…a tool isn’t necessary.
“With all this, you can have a good look at your compliance state and take the respective actions before, a minimum of three months before, the audit might happen or the next measurement needs to be sent.”
Hosts: Martin Thompson and Jennifer Carr.
Podcast back catalogue: https://marketplace.itassetmanagement.net/podcast/
View all our podcasts on SoundCloud or iTunes.
- Tags: consultant · Desiree Weiss · Excellence Awards · SAP
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.