500th Article: ITAM Cities of the World
This is the 500th article published on the ITAM Review.
To mark this milestone I thought I would take a look at the home cities of subscribers to the email newsletter.
I have researched the countries of visitors before (see ‘Reader Analytics’ from late 2011) but this is the first time in nearly four years that I’ve looked at the cities.
At the time of writing there are 3,400 in the email newsletter, the most popular cities are as follows:
- New York (USA) 394
- Kolkata (India) 374
- London (UK) 372
- Los Angeles (USA) 234
- Chicago (USA) 230
- Kentucky/Monticello (USA) 154
- Berlin (Germany) 130
- Amsterdam (Netherlands) 100
- Sydney (Australia) 68
- Detroit (USA) 66
- Paris (France) 64
- Brussels (Belgium) 58
- Johannesburg (South Africa) 54
- Toronto (Canada) 44
- Copenhagen (Denmark) 42
- Stockholm (Sweden) 40
- Phoenix (USA)
- Rome (Italy) 30
What can we do with this data? CONNECT!
If you want to connect with peers in a nearby city to share ideas and experiences around ITAM you are most welcome to use The ITAM Review network to arrange a meet up (Free of charge).
For example there are, at a very bare minimum, 230 people with an interest in SAM, ITAM and Licensing in Chicago, USA.
Please contact me to discuss further.
Crowd Sourced Favourites
After 500 articles the following items are the most popular:
Top 3 All Time Most Popular by Views
- Oracle Licensing (14,495)
- SAP Licensing (12,527)
- IBM Licensing (12,052)
Top 3 Most Popular Categories
Top 10 Articles
- Using Microsoft SCCM for SAM
- Microsoft SCCM SAM Plug-ins
- Open Source ITAM Tools
- Process Template: Software Authorization and Procurement
- The Best SAM Tools: What to Look For
- SAM Tools Market Share
- New SAM Tool Checklist V2.0
- Process Template: Software Control and Efficiency
- What is Contract Management?
- License Management: 5 Steps to Maximise ROI
Top 5 Most Popular Tool Review Pages
- Inventory Tools
- Market Synopsis: Enterprise SAM Tools
- Market Synopsis: Mid-Market SAM Tools
- ServiceNow Inventory Review
- Numara Inventory Review
- Tags: 500th · city · home city · IT Asset Management · ITAM · peer · popular cities · SAM · share ideas · Software Asset Management
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.
Martin, Congratuations on your first 500! Looking forward to the next 500.