Practical ITAM (PITAM) Training Roadmap & Call for Reviewers
This article provides a roadmap for the development of our Practical ITAM (PITAM) portfolio of IT Asset Management courses and is an active call for reviewers for a new PITAM Advanced course.
Our existing PITAM course, first launched in 2016, will be accompanied by a Foundation Course and Advanced Course as per the diagram below:
Practical ITAM (PITAM) Training Roadmap
The trilogy of courses is designed for the following purposes:
- PITAM Foundation (New)– An introductory course to explain ITAM and provide a gentle introduction to the main PITAM course. Designed for newcomers to the subject of ITAM or business leaders or stakeholders who would like to understand ITAM but don’t need an in-depth explanation of execution.
- PITAM (Updated for 2020)– Getting started with an ITAM practice and making a difference. Intended for IT Asset Management professionals seeking to build or improve their ITAM practice.
- PITAM Advanced (New) – Intended for ITAM leaders who want to grow their team, mature their ITAM practice and take their ITAM maturity to the next level.
This refreshed portfolio of ITAM best practice courses has been developed with the help of a cross-industry, international panel of experts who helped us critique our existing PITAM course and develop the curriculum for the new courses. A high-level overview of the course topics is included below, click on the image to enlarge:
- PITAM Foundation – To be launched late in 2020, available on-demand via LISA.training
- PITAM – To be fully updated, delivered live from September to December 2020, stay tuned to the ITAM Review newsletter for details
- PITAM Advanced – to be launched as a live online course early in 2021
PITAM Advanced – Call for Reviewers
We are in the process of developing our PITAM Advanced course and would love to hear from experienced ITAM professionals that would like to critique the course materials. As mentioned above, the Advanced course is designed for ITAM leaders covering Process Design and Engineering, Risk Management, Technology and Data Management Strategy, Information Management and Reporting, Leadership and Practice Design.
We are specifically looking for reviewers who have at least five years of experience in the ITAM field, have completed an ITAM related qualification and are either a leader or aspire to be a leader in their field. In exchange for your help we will provide one year access to our LISA training platform. To learn more please email email@example.com or connect with me on LinkedIn. Thanks, Martin
- Tags: PITAM · pitam certification · pitam course · PITAM roadmap · pitam training · practical ITAM
About Martin Thompson
Martin is also the founder of ITAM Forum, a not-for-profit trade body for the ITAM industry created to raise the profile of the profession and bring an organisational certification to market. On a voluntary basis Martin is a contributor to ISO WG21 which develops the ITAM International Standard ISO/IEC 19770.
He is also the author of the book "Practical ITAM - The essential guide for IT Asset Managers", a book that describes how to get started and make a difference in the field of IT Asset Management. In addition, Martin developed the PITAM training course and certification.
Prior to founding the ITAM Review in 2008 Martin worked for Centennial Software (Ivanti), Silicon Graphics, CA Technologies and Computer 2000 (Tech Data).
When not working, Martin likes to Ski, Hike, Motorbike and spend time with his young family.
Connect with Martin on LinkedIn.